Masala chai is a flavored tea beverage made by brewing black tea with a mixture of aromatic Indian spices and herbs. Originating in South Asia, the beverage has gained worldwide popularity, becoming a feature in many coffee and tea houses. Although traditionally prepared by decoction, retail versions include tea bags for infusion, instant powdered mixtures, and concentrates. In many places, there is a misconception that “chai” in itself is made with cardamom, ginger, and the other common spices. However, chai is simply the Hindi word for tea and can be prepared black, with milk, without sugar, etc.The popularity of masala chai has spread around the world
Preparation Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 8 min
- Milk-1/2 cup
- Water 1/2cup
- Tea leaves-2 tsp (I took Red label)
1. Boil water and milk . As water comes to boil reduce the heat to low and add tea leaves and sugar cover the pan and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add Cloves+Cardmom as such or make a powder of it after rasting them in a mild heat
3. Strain mixture and serve hot.
4. Adjust the sugar to your taste.